Photo courtesy of WellMed Charitable Foundation
The WellMed Charitable Foundation has awarded $40,000 to two local charities – the Senior Resource Alliance and The Neighborhood Center of West Volusia – that each received $20,000 from the Foundation.
The donations are part of WellMed Charitable Foundation’s $1.4 million commitment to nonprofits throughout Florida and Texas focusing on social determinants of health including food insecurity, economic security, transportation, housing and social isolation.
The Senior Resource Alliance is a local resource for accessing state and federal services and programs available to senior citizens, their caregivers and family members. The Neighborhood Center of West Volusia provides multiple avenues of assistance to those in need including emergency and daily food banks, rent and utility assistance, emergency and transitional housing, as well as crisis counseling and life skills.
“We are grateful to the WellMed Charitable Foundation for its generous donation,” said Savannah Griffin, CEO of The Neighborhood Center of West Volusia. “This will go a long way in helping us reach those most in need of our services. The future is brighter for them because of it.”
The Florida agencies that received grants from the WellMed Charitable Foundation are as follows:
- SW Florida: Collier County Hunger and Homeless Coalition ($20,000), Senior Friendship Centers ($20,000), Community Cooperative ($20,000), Jewish Family Services of the Suncoast ($15,000)
- South Florida: Feeding South Florida ($25,000), Hope Heroes ($400,000)
- Orlando: Area Agency on Aging of Central Florida Inc. ($20,000), The Neighborhood Center of West Volusia ($20,000)
- Tampa: Feeding America Tampa Bay ($20,000), Meals on Wheels of Tampa ($20,000), Homeless Coalition of Polk County ($20,000), Jewish Family and Children’s Services of the Suncoast ($20,000)
- Treasure Coast: Community Transit ($20,000), Council on Aging of Martin County ($10,000)
- NE Florida: Urban Jacksonville – Aging True ($25,000)
The WellMed Charitable Foundation was established in 2006 by Dr. George Rapier III, a noted physician who is also the Chairman of the Board. The Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, and the philanthropic partner of WellMed Medical Management, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. Learn more about the Foundation at www.wellmedhcharitablefoundation.org.